Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Truth

My name is Melissa and these are all the things I wish I could tell people in my life:

1. Sometimes I am ashamed to admit my son's disabilities because he often seems so normal and I fear people think that I am just trying to get attention. But then there are other times when everything falls apart and I just want to cry for the life that my little boy will never have.

2. I can't discuss grown up topics (you know what I mean!) with my daughter without giggling. And neither can she. So I guess we're just two peas in a very immature pod!

3. We are trying to get pregnant again, despite the grief we know our friends and family will give us. We are meant to have children. This will be our last. I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

4. I fear I am drifting from my best friend and it is my fault. I know it is my fault. Our religious beliefs have come between us and I have a hard time dealing with her son. I guess sometimes the truth hurts.

5. I'm terrified of being so honest here, but I know it is what I need in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment