Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Madness


(Taken during the ice storm 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure why, but blogger turned it sideways. The limb was pointing to the left, not up!)


It seems to me that Mondays are always the roughest day of the week.

We have a fairly light schedule on Mondays, but my husband is gone for long hours and it makes the day seem to drag on forever.

But I accomplished quite a bit:

  • Laundry (Will it ever end?)
  • Watched my friend's kids for several hours while she went to the doctor
  • Made Valentines with said children, plus my own
  • Called my phone company and chewed them out (always a good time)
  • Tried to cancel an old account (and failed. FYI, I will not fax my drivers license to you for verification of my identity. Mmmmk?)
  • Mailed 2 thank you notes, 3 birthday cards and a rebate form
  • Balanced my check book
  • Planned out the next 2 weeks expenses
  • Called around for space for our homeschool group (Yes, we are not-for-profit. Duh!)
  • Dealt with some Girl Scout stuff
  • Played computer games with a handsome little guy (yep, he belongs to me!)
  • Took one very cute little girl to violin lessons (yes, she belongs to me)
  • Read a chapter in my book
  • Dishes
  • And now I am preparing to listen to President Obama address the nation (I can't wait!)

And you?

2 comments:

  1. I went to work, fell on the ice in the parking lot, spent the day sore, then came home to Jack coughing up his lungs. Then I proceeded to fight with Liv about bedtime and am going to bed with a sore throat because I'm getting sick again.

    Let's just say you had way more fun than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot on that list! "Monday Madness" ... yup, that's what I say. My Monday started out with two fun phone calls (not!) and went downhill from there...

    ReplyDelete