Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Made That

Often, my son freaks out if we happen to see him change or going potty (strange since bath time doesn't bother him and he doesn't seem to mind walking in on us while we are in the bathroom!)

I finally explained (in a very mature and civil manner, to be sure. Not!) that I made his 'stuff' and therefore, I have every right to see it.

Because he is very literal, this seemed to work.

Until tonight when he said to my husband "You can't be in the bathroom with me! I don't want you to see me!"

My husband responded that it was OK for daddy to see him, since he is daddy and was helping him get ready for bed. (We've had the "not-ok touching" talk with both children, but this was more of a "get over it dude! I'm just getting your tooth brush out" sort of thing.)

My son responds "But you didn't make my p3n1s!"

2 comments:

  1. Chicken is the same way. If he's in the shower he's not naked?? but OMG if he has his shirt off in front of me without being in the shower. And no problem if I'm in the shower or on the toilet or whatever. Boys!

    ReplyDelete